Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer lit!

I am flying back to Chicago in just about two days...

After a month of gluten-free picnics, haphazard travels, spontaneous expensive book binges, countless couches with countless friendly strangers, and more hours of my life reading and writing than (cough) some people thought necessary--- I'll be coming back. 

Or, in a bit. I'll be missing The Printer's Row Ball, The Sunday Night Sex Show Anniversary Show, The Windy City Story Slam, and a slew of other literary events and festivals-- to take another break in Colorado for a reunion. I keep egging myself on that it's still possible to just skip getting to know my family members again and stay right where I belong in Illinois. That's advisable, right?

In any case, it's going to be a complete about-face for me in the next few months. No traveling, no picnics, no french conversation with foreign boys, but a whole lotta organizing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment